Friday, November 14, 2008

I Heart Baking !

Most of you know that I love baking. Not to confuse it with cooking though. I am no chef in the kitchen and with at least 1 kid on my hip I do what is fast and easy. I have found a way for Jeremy to eat anything I prepare with out frowning... make him pick up takeout for weeks on end, then when I do decide to cook he gushes over how thankful he is that he didn't have to pick it up. Works for me:)
Back to baking now. Lately I am obsessed with cupcakes. Probably because having 2 little ones, I know I will be making them by the hundreds. It will be a sad day for me if they completely eradicate sweets from the school system. For my birthday I even asked for a cupcake book and I cant wait to try some of those recipes out.
So I have no neat pictures in this post or funny stories about the kids. I only write this to let you know I have found new inspiration, Bakerella. I found her site from fabulousk and I am entranced. This is right up my alley. So go check her out.
And mom, know that I will be making the red velvet cake balls for our trip to see grandma, so save your calories!

3 comments:

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

You are so talented!! You can sew, bake, are an amazing mom...is there anything you can't do?? Ok, I have a challenge for you Mrs. Betty Crocker!! Can you make me some yummy fat free cup cakes?? :)

Anonymous said...

YUM....SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!

Denae said...

Be careful with the red velvet cake balls...you will soon have people harrassing you to make them despite giving out the recipe! :)